Grant Award Procedures
- Purpose and scope: The Public Health Fund shall be used to promote the general benefit and welfare of the commercial and shipping community of the City and County of Honolulu. This may include the aid and encouragement of the science and art of disease prevention through organized community efforts.
- Project Criteria: Public Health Funds should be used for worthwhile projects involving public health education, research and legislation for which funds are not available from other sources. Priority is to be given to projects which will bring visible results and can be readily identified as Chamber initiated. Funds will normally be used as "seed money" to help start-up worthwhile programs.
2. Non-availability of funds from other sources
3. One-time requirement for start up
4. Technical chances of success
5. Large number of people affected (population at risk)
6. Present and potential danger
7. Community benefits (cost/benefit ratio)
8. Benefits for underprivileged
9. Concern and interest of the business community
10. Collaboration with other agencies to achieve the goal of the proposal.
Grant Application Process
1. Call the Chamber, (808) 545-4300, or email email@example.com to request a Public Health Fund application packet. An original and three copies of the completed application form, and a detailed description of the proposed project should be filed with the Chamber. The description should include (at minimum) the following items:
• A detailed description of how the project will address each of the criteria listed above
• A brief project timetable of key events.
A brief description of the method of evaluation which will be used to determine the success of the project
• The absolute deadline, if any, by which full or partial funds must be received if the project is to proceed and an explanation of this urgency
• The amount of money that has been applied for or received from other sources and the names of the sources.
• Any other appropriate support documents you wish.