For 161 years The Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii has been the "Voice of Business" in Hawaii.
• Continued efforts to build relationships and create working alliances with other constituencies
• Increasing awareness within the business community of business’ role in improving the economy and steering the state into its future
• Supporting a shift away from the old paradigm of government as a regulator of business and toward government as a facilitator whose role it to assist businesses to succeed and create jobs for Hawaii’s people
• Enhancing the credibility and visibility of the Chamber as the voice of business in Hawaii
• Raising awareness of the importance of the military’s economic, social, political and cultural roles in our Islands
• In addition, we will work to strengthen ties and create a positive working relationship with all elected and appointed officials in the state
In addition to these goals, I intend to place special emphasis on business retention and dedicate efforts to the economic well being of Hawaii’s existing businesses.
The Chamber will work in partnership with government, labor, you – our members - and other business and trade organizations to achieve goals and advance issues that have been identified as critical to the success and growth of all businesses throughout the state.
Members of The Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii represent a diverse cross section of the state’s business community, united by their commitment to building a strong, healthy and resilient economy and a better quality of life for all citizens. Our approach to solving problems and resolving issues is one of collaboration and consensus building. The Chamber’s role is to facilitate and coordinate efforts and to serve as a catalyst working together with state government, the military, public and private institutions and all businesses to find opportunities and capitalize on them.
President and CEO